Sunday, July 21, 2013

Who broke Laundry Bear's toe?

It's a mystery, I suppose...

This is Laundry Bear:
Laundry Bear is a bank that Mema (my grandmother) gave to me while I was pregnant with Little Bear. Originally, Laundry Bear was his bank. Then he received a crayon bank and Laundry Bear was given a new duty. She sits ontop of the washer/dryer and eats any loose change that the family forgets to remove from their pockets before throwing their clothes into the hampers (or various places on the floor to be picked up by Mama Bear... Looking at YOU Papa Bear...). Every once in a while, Laundry Bear gets emptied out and Mama uses the money for random things (split between the kids banks, picking out quarters for tolls, spending money for trips to the zoo, or getting Mama an iced coffee...) 
This afternoon, as I picked up Laundry Bear to put in a few pennies , the top of her foot fell off. 
Now regardless of what Little Bear would like me to believe ("Maybe it just fell off because it's old?"), I think that someone in this house broke my poor Laundry Bear, balance the broken part back on, and left her there to sit with a broken foot.
So far I've ruled out Pequeño. He's quick and destructive but not quite tall enough (or skilled enough) to scale a dryer. Pudge is a climber and has a history of breaking my valuables (Santa figurine, trolls) but I don't think that it was him unless he had an accomplice. That leaves me with Little Bear or Papa Bear. Both are good suspects but neither will admit to the crime. 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment