Thursday, May 11, 2017

Mother's Day Lunch with Pequeño

Pequeño' preschool class held a Mother's Day lunch this morning. He was so happy that I was going to be there with him. We dropped the kids off at their usual time and then the moms returned for 11 am. When I got there, the room had been decorated and tables had been set up throughout the room. Pequeño was waiting for me at a table near the back and excitedly clapped and swung his legs when he saw that I was there. Once we sat down, the teachers explained to us that the kids had each been able to make their own sandwiches that morning and pack their lunch bags (which they had also decorated) using snacks that they had set out for them. Inside his lunch he had put a peanut butter sandwich, potato chips, baby carrots, and oreos. On a buffet table, they had set out a lot of brunch food for the moms as well as desserts.

After we all are, the teachers read to us the little "About My Mom" sections of the books that the kids had made for us. They didn't read the names so that we could try to figure out which one our child wrote. I knew as soon as I heard "My mom is 4" that it was Pequeño's because he loves the number 4 right now. Then the kids sang a few songs that they had learned (Pequeño didn't want to sing though) and showed us the cute flower pots that the kids had decorated using their fingerprints. I asked him which kind of vegetable he wanted to start in it and he said that he doesn't want to use it "for real" because it will get dirty. So it will be a decorative pot instead!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment