Thursday, June 30, 2016

Baby Cuatro Update...Or... "Yes, I'm still Pregnant."

This is officially my longest pregnancy and baby doesn't seem to be in a hurry to join us yet. On Wednesday, we had our 40 week appointment (40w2d) which included the first internal exam. Before the exam, they had offered to do a membrane sweep since Baby Cuatro had been "low and in the pelvis" since our ultrasound at 38 weeks and I had been having contractions that morning. However, when they did they exam, they found that Baby Cuatro had since disengaged and was "floating high" and not in a favorable position for birth. So they weren't able to do a membrane sweep.

My blood pressure was also high for the second time and since I had recently been having issues with dizziness and headaches, they wanted to see me again the following day (40w3d) to check my blood pressure and possibly discuss inducing the following day if needed.

Thursday (today), I went for my blood pressure appointment and although it was at the high range of normal, it was within limits. I also had all three kids with me at the time which they said may have played a part in it being a little higher than they would have liked. Weight was still 8 lbs under prepregnancy and there was no protein issues in the urine sample. So, we are going to continue to let him grow and hope that he comes on his own terms. I have another blood pressure appointment on Monday and a bother appointment scheduled for Wednesday which would be the latest they will let us go without planning an induction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment