Thursday, June 6, 2013

Impromptu Ballpits

Today was one of those days where I needed a few more hands than I was given. The house was in major need of a scrub down and the kids were wound up from being stuck inside for two days due to rain. (I'm all for letting the kids play out in the rain but not when they can and probably would go swimming in the rain collected in our outdoor toy buckets...) So, after breaking up the second "fight" inside the kids play castle most likely due to a little boredom and not just the fact that Pudge was poking Little Bear repeatedly with his toy horse, I pulled out the giant bag of plastic balls from the basement. (*Side Note: I HATE these colorful plastic balls. They get tossed and spread everywhere and I end up finding them in random places days after we thought that we had cleaned them all up.) When the kids were unsuspecting, I started dumping the balls into the top of the castle which made them start yelling with excitement and running around crazily. No more fighting...until cleanup time that is. 


 
I didn't want Pequeño to be left out of all the fun but could not trust the older kids to not trample or kick him in their manic playing so I made him his own mini ball pit...in his crib. He loved it! He was squealing and laughing while trying to pick up as many as he could ( sadly, he could usually only mange to hold one and would then end up dropping it while trying to grab another...greedy thing he is.)  
 
When I checked on him a few minutes later, he was standing at the side of the crib happily trying to throw them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment