Friday, June 7, 2013

Well, it happened


After 2 and 1/2 years, Pudge finally figured out that he could easily scale the side of his crib and escape. He chose to do this at nap time and somehow managed to sneak out of the room without waking Pequeño. I heard the thump thump thump of little feet and by the time that I realized that it was him and not Little Bear (who was quietly playing in the playroom) running down the hall, he was on the stairs proudly proclaiming "I did it! I climb my bed! I big boy!".

I was hoping that it was a fluke but after trying to place him in the crib for his next rest time, he immediately started climbing out. So, off came the front of the crib. He was ecstatic! Since I was taking it apart, I figured that I might as well change the sheet then and upgrade him to an actual pillow. This was probably the coolest thing to him and he kept asking "Dat mine?" Once the front was off and the bed was made up, he climbed right in to check it out and was all smiles.

When bedtime rolled around, I was petrified that I would be taking him back to bed every few minutes. However, Papa Bear ever so graciously took the older boys grocery shopping and they were exhausted when they came home. So Pudge went to bed without a fight and stayed in bed for the entire night! He even slept through Pequeño's wake up without stirring. The next morning nap had no issues either so let's hope that it stays this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment